Monday, March 2, 2009

Lamb of God - Album review *Metal Monday*




Morning all,

Since I have started this feature there really hasnt been any major new metal records released, well that all changed last Tuesday. Lamb of God released their latest "Wrath" to the masses. I have soaked it up over the past week and here are my conclusions:

Good:

1. Good record overall

2. Recording is very good, but then again normally LOG's records are.

3. The good tracks are killer.

Bad:

1. There are quite a few "filler" tracks on this record, much more so than on "Sacrament" which I consider to be their best effort.

2. Some of the tracks focus on being heavy rather than trying anything new or groundbreaking. A lot of metal bands fall into this problem, while trying to appeal to the base they don't focus on expanding their range musically. If these guys are anything they are gifted musically.

Overall a good album I give is a solid 3 1/2 out of 5, with the potential to grow to a 4!

Here is a sample of one of my favorite tracks "Broken Hands"



Until next Monday.....

1 comment:

Ganxt said...

I kind of felt the same way at first. I was not very impressed upon the first two listens, however, upon further "jammings", it actually is a pretty decent album. I do think they went out of their way to make sure the songs were all really fast and there definitely are some less than memorable tracks, but the good songs have some serious thrash to them.

BTW, Ashes of the Wake is their best record :)